HOW TO INSTALL TO COLORBOND FENCE
Note: If you don’t have access to the bottom rail because it is below ground level, below decking level, behind a retaining wall or below ground level etc… you will need to insert a timber between the posts (i.e. decking board). Insert the timber or decking board horizontally between the vertical posts as low as you can. A decking board will fit snug inside the vertical section on either side of the colorbond panel. You won’t need to screw it in.
- Place the bamboo panel in position on the colorbond fence.
- Choose a corner at the top of the bamboo panel and drill a hole through the bamboo stick and into the frame of the colorbond fence (this is the thick horizontal section of your colorbond fence. Make sure the drill bit you are using is smaller in thickness than your screws).
- Insert a screw. You can use wood or chipboard screws as this has been pre drilled. If you are near the coast you may want to use rust proof or stainless steel screws. Use screws approx 57-65mm in length depending on the thickness of the bamboo. Use the standard Phillips head screws as these are the least noticeable.
- Now drill a hole and insert a screw at the opposite top corner of the panel and insert a screw.
- Now do the same at the bottom of the panel. (optional, you can also insert screws in the middle (top and bottom) of the panel)
- Place the next panel next to the installed panel and repeat above process.
Cutting the Bamboo
If you need to cut the bamboo use a Metal Cutting Disc on an angle grinder, the same as you would use to cut steel. A circular saw tends to shred the bamboo. You can also use a hand saw.